How do I install a macro in SOLIDWORKS?
How to add the Macro to a button in SOLIDWORKS
- Select the Commands tab on the Customize window, and then select Macros from the Categories list.
- Drag and drop the ‘New Macro Button’ on to any toolbar.
- The Customize Macro button box will appear.
Creating Macro Buttons in SOLIDWORKS
- Create New Macro File.
- Save As: Find appropriate location and name.
- Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) Editor.
- Open Customize Window.
- Find New Macro Button.
- Drag New Macro Button to Toolbar.
- Customize Macro Button.
- New Macro Button added to Toolbar.
How do I pin a macro in SOLIDWORKS?
With a document open, click Tools > Customize. In the dialog box, on the Commands tab: Select Macro in Categories. Under Buttons, drag the New Macro Button to any toolbar or the CommandManager in SOLIDWORKS.
To edit a macro button on a toolbar or CommandManager:
If on a toolbar, right-click the macro button that you want to edit. If in CommandManager, right-click the macro button that you want to edit. Select Properties. In the Customize Macro Button dialog, edit the macro button and click OK.
Click File > Options > Quick Access Toolbar. In the Choose commands from list, click Macros. Select the macro you want to assign a button to. Click Add to move the macro to the list of buttons on the Quick Access Toolbar.
How do I run a macro in Solidworks?
To run a macro:
- Click Run Macro (Macro toolbar) or Tools > Macro > Run.
- In the dialog box, locate a macro file (*. swp, *. swb) and click Open. If the macro contains more than one function or subroutine, the last subroutine with no arguments in the module most recently created in the VBA project runs.
To delete a macro button:
- In an open SolidWorks document, click Tools > Customize.
- Right-click the macro button in the toolbar that you want to edit and select Delete.
- Click OK to close the Customize dialog.
Where are solidworks icons stored?
RE: Solidworks built-in icons
The SOLIDWORKS software provides bitmap images to use as custom buttons. These are located in install_dir/data/user macro icons.
What is Solidworks API?
The SOLIDWORKS Application Programming Interface (API) is a COM programming interface to the SOLIDWORKS software. The API contains hundreds of functions that you can call from Visual Basic (VB), Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), VB.NET, C++, C#, or SOLIDWORKS macro files. …
Steps to Delete a Macro
- Locate the Code group in the Developer tab on the Ribbon.
- In the Code group on the Developer tab, click the Macros button.
- In the Macro dialog box, in the Macro Name list box, select the macro you want to delete.
- Choose Delete.
- In the message box that appears, choose Yes.