The snapshot is added to the Snapshots folder in the Scenes, Lights and Cameras pane of the DisplayManager. The snapshot also appears as a custom view in the Orientation dialog box. Snapshots, like other model dependent information, are saved within the model file. There is no separate file for a snapshot.
Where do I find snapshots in Solidworks?
To view a snapshot:
- In the DisplayManager , click View Scene, Lights, and Cameras .
- Expand the Snapshots folder . Hover over a snapshot to see a preview and comments.
- Right-click a snapshot and click: Option. …
- Click Exit Snapshot on the View Snapshots pop-up toolbar (if available) when you are done viewing the snapshot.
How do I take a screenshot on solidworks 2020?
Creating a Snapshot
- Click Take Snapshot (View toolbar or Large Design Review tab of the CommandManager).
- Click View > Lights and Cameras > Take Snapshot.
- Press Alt + Spacebar.
- In the DisplayManager, in the Scenes, Lights and Cameras pane, right-click the Snapshots folder and click Take snapshot.
How do I take a screenshot in Solidworks?
To capture the screen:
- Click Image Capture (Screen Capture toolbar) or View > Screen Capture > Image Capture.
- Paste the image into another application such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, etc.
How do you save an image in Solidworks?
With a SOLIDWORKS document open, click File > Save As. The Save As dialog box appears.
How do I delete a snapshot in Solidworks?
Expand the Snapshots folder and right-click an existing snapshot feature.
Snapshots Context Menu.
|Select||Returns the graphics area to the state it was in when you created the snapshot.|
|Move to Top||Moves the snapshot to the top of the list, just below the Home snapshot.|
|Delete||Deletes the snapshot.|
How do you take a screenshot on Windows?
Press Ctrl + PrtScn keys. The entire screen changes to gray including the open menu. Select Mode, or in earlier versions of Windows, select the arrow next to the New button. Select the kind of snip you want, and then select the area of the screen capture that you want to capture.
How do I save a high resolution image in Solidworks?
By default, SOLIDWORKS sets the option “Screen Capture” which exports the image with the resolution your monitor supports. If you wish to increase the resolution, switch the setting to ‘Print Capture’, increase the DPI, and select OK. This should allow you to output the image file with a higher resolution.
How do I place an image of a part in Solidworks?
Inserting Sketch Pictures
- In an open sketch, click Sketch Picture. (Sketch toolbar) or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Sketch Picture.
- In the dialog box, browse to the picture file and click Open. The picture is inserted.
- Set the properties on the first page of the Sketch Picture PropertyManager as necessary. …
- Click .
How do I save a Solidworks file as a PNG?
To save SOLIDWORKS files as Portable Network Graphics files: Click File > Save as.
Optionally, click Options to select output options, and do the following:
- Select TIF/PSD/JPG/PNG.
- Under Output as, select Image type, Remove Background, and other options.
- Under Print capture options, set DPI, and Paper size.
- Click OK.
How do you save a Solidworks file?
Click Save As (Standard toolbar) or File > Save As. Specifies a path to the folder where you want to save the document. Use the navigation pane (left pane) to browse to the location where you want to save your document.
How do I render an image in Solidworks?
Rendering with PhotoView 360
- With a model open, click Tools > Add-In and add in PhotoView 360.
- Start a preview in the graphics area or open the Preview window to see how changes you make to the model affect the rendering.
- Edit appearances, the scene, and decals.
- Edit lights. …
- Edit PhotoView Options.
How do you save a view in Solidworks?
Saving a Custom View to SOLIDWORKS
- In a SOLIDWORKS document that contains a custom view, press the spacebar or click Orientation. (View toolbar). …
- Hover over the custom view you want to make available in all SOLIDWORKS documents. Options to save or delete the view appear.
- Click Save View to SOLIDWORKS .