How do you use a shape bender in Sketchup?
Select the group or component to be bent. Choose Plugins > Chris Fullmer Tools > Shape Bender to activate the tool. Click once on the straight edge you drew in Step 3 (make sure it’s highlighted before you click on it). Click once on the curve you created in Step 4.
Does shape bender work in Sketchup 2019?
Re: [Plugin] Shape Bender Beta
Yes. It does work in SketchUp 2019. Most likely you haven’t set up the model correctly to use it. If you share the SKP file, I’m sure we can help you make it work.
How do you bend straight lines in Sketchup?
To draw a line that’s a path you can bend with points and curvature controls, you follow these steps instead:
- With the Line tool ( ), click and drag to draw the line. …
- Release the mouse button, and without clicking, move the cursor to set the curve’s direction and size, as shown on the left in the following figure.
How do I add plugins to SketchUp?
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- In SketchUp, select Extensions > Extension Manager. …
- Click the Install Extension button.
- In the Open dialog box that appears, navigate to the . …
- When SketchUp warns you about installing only extensions from trusted sources, click Yes to proceed and install your extension.
How do I fill a shape in SketchUp?
Filling a shape with a color
- With the Select tool ( ), select the shape in the drawing area.
- Open the Shape Style panel by clicking its title bar. …
- Click the Fill option, which becomes highlighted, as shown in the following figure. …
- Click the color well next to the Fill option.
How do you make a complex shape in SketchUp?
Splitting and Joining to Create Complex Shapes
- With the Select tool ( ), drag the shapes so they overlap in the way that you want to join the shapes, as shown in the following figure, which has three shapes. …
- Select the Split tool ( ).
- To create a shared vertex, click at each point where the shapes overlap.
How do you make a grid pattern in SketchUp?
How to Draw a Grid in SketchUp
- Double-click the SketchUp application icon to launch the application.
- Click the “Line” tool icon. …
- Click on the starting point for the first line of the grid.
- Press and hold the “Shift” key and double-click the endpoint for the first line of the grid to draw the line.