Right-click the drawing view and select Properties. Select the Show Hidden Edges tab. Select a feature or component from either the drawing view or the FeatureManager design tree to add it to the list of items to be shown with hidden lines. Click Apply to see the effect of your selection.
To show the component again, do one of the following:
- Select the component in the Hide/Show Components list and press Delete.
- Select the component in the FeatureManager design tree.
- To show all hidden components again, right-click in the list and click Clear Selections.
- Right-click the view.
- Click in the drop-down menu Edit View…
- In the dialog box Drawing View click on the Hidden Line button.
- If you see this icon. , it means that you have activated the checkbox on Style above the buttons.
- After clicking the OK button, you should see the hidden lines, in the view(s).
How do you unhide a surface in Solidworks?
To show the hidden surface again, click View > Hide/Show Bodies , select the translucent bodies in the graphics area and click .
Right-click a component in the drawing view or in the FeatureManager design tree and select Show/Hide > Hide Component. If the component is hidden, you can show it again by right-clicking the component in the FeatureManager design tree (not in the drawing view) and selecting Show/Hide > Show Component.
To select hidden components to be shown:
- Click Show Hidden Components (Assembly toolbar). The Show Hidden dialog box appears. …
- In the graphics area, select components you want to show. The components you select disappear temporarily.
- In the dialog box, click Exit Show Hidden.
To display the model with hidden lines visible, do one of the following:
- Click Display Style > Hidden Lines Visible (Heads-up View toolbar).
- Hidden Lines Visible (View toolbar).
- View > Display > Hidden Lines Visible.
How do you hide lines in Solidworks?
To hide or show edges in a drawing:
- Click Hide/Show Edges. …
- Select the edges to hide (you can select edges individually, or use box selection), then click . …
- To show edges, click Hide/Show Edges. …
- Select the hidden edges highlighted in orange, (you can select edges individually, or use box selection), then click .
How do you hide lines in Solidworks sketch?
To hide a sketch in a drawing, right-click the sketch in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree and select Hide.
Why can’t I see my model in Solidworks?
First, verify that the model is not just zoomed out by running zoom to fit. If the model does not appear now either, you can test an old support trick to trigger a calculation of the display information in the model by running normal to against one of your ground planes, followed by ctrl + Q.
How do you show all faces in Solidworks?
Once visible, select the Filter Faces icon. This prevents anything other than faces from being selected. Now, use Select All once again by clicking in the graphics area and pressing Ctrl + A on the keyboard. Be sure to select all faces.
How do you hide Extrude in Solidworks?
To hide or show an assembly component, click Hide/Show Components on the Assembly toolbar.
How do I unhide all components?
Either you used CTRL + SHIFT + TAB to show all hidden components, then have to re-select them all in the graphic area.