What is a library feature?
Library features allow you easy access to commonly used features with all of the parameters and dimensions pre-defined to your specifications. Simply drag and drop onto your model and SOLIDWORKS takes care of the rest. Let’s take a look at how this is done.
Can a user create a library feature from a multibody part?
You cannot create a library feature part (*. sldlfp file) from a multibody part document. To create a library feature: Open a new part, sketch a profile, and create a base feature.
How do you add features in Solidworks?
Click Insert Smart Features , which appears over the component in the graphics area. In the graphics area, right-click the component and select Insert Smart Features. Select the component, then click Insert > Smart Features.
Where is the Design Library in Solidworks?
The Design Library folder is located on the disk in install_directoryDocuments and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataSOLIDWORKSSOLIDWORKS_versiondesign library.
How do you add features to a design table?
Right-click an item and select Configure dimension, Configure feature, or Configure component. Then select Auto-create in the Design Table PropertyManager when you create the design table. Search ‘Manually Add Parameters in a Design Table’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do I add a feature to all configurations in Solidworks?
- In the FeatureManager design tree or graphics area, right-click a feature, sketch, or mate and click Configure Feature .
- In the Modify Configurations dialog box, you can: Create new configurations. Suppress or unsuppress the feature for each configuration. Click.
Does solidworks have a library?
SOLIDWORKS® Toolbox includes a library of standard parts that is fully integrated with SOLIDWORKS. … The Toolbox library contains a folder of master part files for supported standards along with component size and configuration information.
How do I save a sketch to Library in Solidworks?
Saving Sketches in the Design Library
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select the sketch to add to the Design Library.
- In the Design Library, click Add to Library .
- In the PropertyManager, under Save To, type a file name and select a Design Library folder.
- Click . The sketch is saved as a block in your Design Library.