How do you make dimensions not driven?
Look for other dimensions or relations that you can delete or change. Select Don’t ask again to suppress this dialog box. The option you last used will apply by default. Use the right-click menu Driven option to toggle between dimension driven and dimension driving.
How do you override a driven dimension in Solidworks?
Click Options (Standard toolbar) or Tools > Options. On the System Options tab, select Sketch. Select Override dimensions on Drag/Move and click OK.
How do you stop a dimension from moving in Solidworks?
Go to Tools > Options > System Options > Drawings Uncheck Reduce spacing when dimensions are deleted or edited (add or change tolerances, text, etc.) If you prefer to leave that option checked, you can control the dimension spacing yourself.
What is a driven dimension in Solidworks?
If you dimension a closed-profile sketch that would cause an over defined sketch, the dimension is automatically changed to driven. When you sketch the last entity to create a closed-profile sketch, it may clash with inferred relations from the other sketch entities.
How do you make a smart dimension driven in Solidworks?
Inserting Driven Dimensions
- Click a sketch tool.
- In the graphics area, right-click and click Sketch Numeric Input .
- In the graphics area, right-click and click Sketch Dimension Driven .
- In the graphics area, right-click and click Add Dimension .
- Sketch an entity.
How do you change dimensions in Solidworks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel, mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
What does make dimension driven mean?
Make This Dimension Driven. The over defined or unsolvable state is repaired. Leave This Dimension Driving. The sketch remains over defined or unsolvable. Look for other dimensions or relations that you can delete or change.
How do you make a driven dimension a global variable?
Linking Dimensions Using Global Variables
- Double click the dimension, then in the Modify dialog box, type = (equal sign). …
- Type a name for the global variable. …
- Click Create Global Variable .
- Click . …
- Toggle the display of the value and the name by clicking the Global Variable button .
How do I lock a dimension in Solidworks?
To lock a dimension:
- In an open sketch, click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools, Dimensions, Smart.
- Click the items to dimension.
- Move the pointer until the preview indicates the dimension type you want.
- Right-click to lock the dimension type.
How do I change dimension position in Solidworks?
- Click Options on the Standard toolbar, or click Tools > Options.
- On the Document Properties tab, expand Dimensions.
- Click a dimension type, for example, Angle.
- In Text position, select a position, for example, Broken Leader, Horizontal Text .
- Click OK.
How do you move dimensions in Solidworks drawings?
Select the dimension and drag and drop the arrowhead handle to another edge. This method works for radial, diameter, and chamfer dimensions only. To move or copy dimensions from one view to another view: Hold the Shift key (to move) or the Ctrl key (to copy) as you drag the dimensions into another view.