How do you align views in SketchUp?
Align view to face – SketchUp Tutorial
To do that with this kitchen, I will select a face to align my camera to, double click into that group, right click on the face, and choose Align View.
How do you scale and align in SketchUp?
Here’s how the process works, using a cabinet as an example:
- With the Select tool ( ), select the geometry you want to scale. …
- Select the Scale tool ( ) or press the S key. …
- Click an edge or face grip (not a corner grip). …
- Move the cursor to scale the entity. …
- Click to set your selection’s new scale.
How do I change the axis of a component in Sketchup?
When you change the component axis, the inference system will snap you to the global axis for each, so it’s really easy to match:
- r-click on the component (not from within it)
- select “change axis”
- click the axis point to start,
- move the mouse in roughly the right direction until you get the red dotted inference line.
How do I change the orientation of Sketchup?
Drag your cursor around (still holding down the mouse button) until your axis of rotation is where you want it. As you drag, notice your Rotate protractor changes orientation; the line from where you clicked to your cursor is the axis of rotation. Release your mouse button to set your axis of rotation.
How do I reset my view in Sketchup?
“Camera” pull-down, click “field of view”, type-in “30”, hit enter… this should bring you back to default. You can also drag the spyglass to change the VCB (lower right-hand corner. Hope this helps, and welcome!
What do layers control in SketchUp?
In Layout, regular layers (also called nonshared layers) enable you to control the visibility of document content. For example, if you want to separate text from SketchUp model entities, you can place each type of entity on its own layer.