When upgrading or modifying an installation, all files must be installed to the existing location for that installation. In this case, you cannot change the location of the existing SOLIDWORKS installation. This is the additional space required for the products selected for installation or modification.
Where is SOLIDWORKS installation directory?
2. When installation files have been downloaded (by default the folder is “Documents” > “SOLIDWORKS Downloads”), run the installation by double-clicking setup.exe in the root of the installation files folder.
How do I move a SOLIDWORKS file to another drive?
Connect the USB drive to the new computer. Open the “SolidWork” menu and click on the USB drive letter, and drag and drop the “SolidWork” folder to the C: drive “Program Files” folder. When prompted, if you want to replace files, select “Yes to All.”
Can I install SOLIDWORKS on D drive?
You can install on any drive as long as it has enough space.
How do I fix SOLIDWORKS installation Manager?
Repairing an Installation
- Open the Windows Control Panel and click Programs and Features.
- Select the SOLIDWORKS version that you want to repair and click Change.
- On the Welcome to SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager screen, click Repair your installation.
- On the Products to Repair screen, select the product to repair.
How do I download solidworks installation manager?
Now you can download the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager to get started with the installation process:
- Select the Download link in the page and a zip file will download from the SOLIDWORKS web site. …
- After the SolidWorksSeup.exe zip file has completed downloading run the SolidWorksSeup.exe file from your local machine.
How do I fix solidworks?
In Windows 7 or later, click Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features. Select the SOLIDWORKS version you wish to repair and click Change. On the Welcome to SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager screen, click Repair the individual installation (on this computer).
How do I move SOLIDWORKS from one computer to another?
To transfer a license back to the server: In SOLIDWORKS, click Help > Transfer Licenses, and follow the instructions. To reactivate, go to the new or upgraded computer and activate the license as you did during the initial activation.
How do I modify SOLIDWORKS installation?
In Windows 7 or later, click Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features. Select the SOLIDWORKS installation you want to modify and then click Change. On the Welcome to the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager screen, click Modify the individual installation (on this computer).
Can you transfer SOLIDWORKS from one computer to another?
SOLIDWORKS Stand-alone licenses can only be active on 1 computer at a time. However, you can transfer a license from one computer to another using the Transfer/Activate process.
How can I change my installation location?
Installing on a Separate Drive
- Click on the search bar and type in “Settings.”
- From the search results, select the Settings.
- Select System from the menu.
- In the menu on the left, select Storage.
- Now, under More storage settings, click Change where new content is saved.
- Select your new default location.
How do I change download location from C drive to D drive?
Please follow the steps to set the location of your default download folder.
- a) Click on Start, then click on Computer.
- b) Click on C: drive, and then click on User’s folder.
- c) Under user’s folder click on your user name, then click on Downloads, right click on downloads select Properties.
- d) Click on the Location Tab.
What’s the difference between C drive and D drive?
The C: drive is your “BOOT” Drive where the Operating System like Windows is loaded. The D: Drive ,or any other Drive on the computer, can be used for everything else.
How do I restart a SOLIDWORKS installation?
Reboot the computer. To ensure that no SOLIDWORKS products are running, in Windows, press Ctr + Alt + Del to open the Task Manager. On the Processes tab, if any of the following processes appear under Image Name, select them and click End Process.
Why is my SOLIDWORKS not installing?
Windows can block files that it thinks may be malicious. This same security feature can cause the SolidWorks installation manager to not work properly. To fix the issue, you will need to unblock the . … Then unzip the file to extract your installer and associated files.
Why is SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager blank?
When you are trying to install SOLIDWORKS, if you see a blank Installation Manager window, it usually means that your local firewall is blocking files within the sldim. zip folder. You will need to unblock some of the HTML files to allow them to appear within the window.