Open a DXF or DWG file. In the DXF/DWG Import Wizard, click Next to go to the Document Settings screen, or click Finish to accept the default settings. The DXF file entities are inserted into the SOLIDWORKS part document as a sketch on the selected face. Now you can use the inserted sketch to modify the part.
How do you convert an engineering scale?
To convert an engineering drawing scale to a scale factor:
- Select the desired scale. 1″ = 20′
- Multiply the feet by 12. 20 x 12 = Scale Factor 240.
How do I change the scale on a CAD drawing?
Right-click the CAD drawing, point to CAD Drawing Object, and then click Properties. Click the General tab, and then select a scale setting using one of the following methods: If you want to drag shapes onto a CAD drawing, click Pre-defined scale, and then click Page Scale.
How do I change the architectural scale in AutoCAD?
To Specify the Drawing Units
- Click Utilities Drawing Setup.
- Click the Units tab. …
- Under Drawing Units, select the desired units. …
- To scale objects that you insert into the current drawing from drawings with different drawing units, select Scale Objects Inserted from Other Drawings.