With a part document open, click Insert Part (Features toolbar) or Insert > Part. Browse to a part document and click Open. The Insert Part PropertyManager appears. Under Transfer, select any combination of items from the inserted part to be included in the derived part.
How do you add multiple parts to a drawing in SolidWorks?
To insert several components at once: Do one of the following to open the PropertyManager: Create a new assembly document by clicking New (Standard toolbar) or File > New. In an existing assembly, click Insert Components (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > Existing Part/Assembly.
How do you add an object in SolidWorks?
To insert an existing file as an OLE object:
- Click Insert > Object.
- In the dialog box, select Create from File.
- Click Browse, locate a file, and click Open.
- Select from the following: Option. …
- Click OK to insert the file.
How do I add a part to an assembly in SolidWorks?
Right-click the component and click Insert Into Assembly. You can populate one or more holes in the assembly by preselecting the circular edges of the holes and then using Insert Into Assembly. If you do not preselect a hole, the part is placed at the assembly origin.
How do I add a part to a part in SolidWorks?
To insert a part:
- With a part document open, click Insert Part (Features toolbar) or Insert > Part.
- Browse to a part document and click Open. …
- Under Transfer, select any combination of items from the inserted part to be included in the derived part.
How do I change the inserted part in Solidworks?
- In SOLIDWORKS, select the File>Open menu to browse for the assembly that contains the model to be replaced.
- Select the assembly and then click the References… button.
- Double click the “Name” cell of the model to be replaced.
- Browse to the replacement model and click Open.
Where is insert in Solidworks?
To insert a part: With a part document open, click Insert Part (Features toolbar) or Insert > Part.
How do I import parts into assembly?
Use this procedure to import ECAD components after the PCB outline has been imported or created and opened as the base part of an assembly.
- In an open assembly, click Model > Get Data > Import. …
- Select ECAD IDF (*. …
- Click Open. …
- Click OK. …
- Click Open to open the file and start the import process.
How do you reference another part in SolidWorks?
To list the external references on a part or feature, right-click the part or the feature or right-click the update holder , and select List External Refs.