From the County Clerk. Visit the county clerk’s office in the county where your home resides. This may be called the county recorder or land registrar in some municipalities. Once there, request copies of the blueprints on file for the property.
How can I find my house plans?
- Contact sales agents at your real estate office.
- Visit neighbors with similar homes.
- Consult local inspectors, assessors, and other building officials.
- Examine fire insurance maps for your neighborhood.
- Review local archives at the historical society, including historic plan books.
Can I get my house plans online?
Buying house plans online allows you to choose from thousands of different layouts, styles and exteriors. You won’t get to customize your master bathroom, but you can choose from tons of different options so you get something you really love. Websites selling house plans curate the best styles and plans.
How do I find plans for my house?
How to Buy a New Home Floor Plan
- Step 1: Review your budget. …
- Step 2: Determine what you want. …
- Step 3: Select a few floor plan options. …
- Step 4: Review your building site and contract before purchasing plans. …
- Step 5: Make sure all necessary parties review and approve plans.
How do I get a copy of my building plans?
Local Authorities / Planning Department / District Office / Municipal Offices. The first and most common route to take is a visit to your Local Authority, otherwise known as Planning Department, District Office or Municipal Offices to request a copy of your approved plans.
What is the best house plan website?
9 Best Websites for House Plans
- eplans (eplans.com)
- Family Home Plans (familyhomeplans.com)
- Home Plans (homeplans.com)
- Dream House Source (dreamhomesource.com)
- Architectural Designs (architecturaldesigns.com)
- America’s Best House Plans (houseplans.net)
- The House Designers (thehousedesigners.com)
How much should I pay for house plans?
It’ll cost between $839 and $2,733 with an average $1,744 to hire a draftsperson for a blueprint or house plan. They will charge anywhere from $50 to $130 per hour. A set of plans for a typical 3-bedroom house takes at least 10 hours to complete and runs anywhere from $500 to $2,000.