How do I find a missing file in SOLIDWORKS?
In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to find missing file locations in SOLIDWORKS. To modify the location of these files, navigate to tools>options>system options>file locations.
How do I open a SOLIDWORKS file?
Click Open (Standard toolbar). Click File > Open. In the Welcome – SOLIDWORKS dialog box, click Open. For files on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, select a file and click Open or drag a file into SOLIDWORKS.
How do I change the location of a SolidWorks file?
To edit the locations and names of referenced files:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In the Open dialog box, click References. The Edit Referenced File Locations dialog box appears.
- Edit the path or file name by using one of the following methods: Click a cell to change the name or path. Then, click a different cell.
Where is SolidWorks used?
To find where a document is used: Select the document in the File Explorer tab in the left pane. Select the Where Used tab in right pane.
How do I unzip a SOLIDWORKS file?
Unzipping a quick tip…
- Just drag the zip into SolidWorks.
- SolidWorks will unzip the files and open them!!
How do I open a SOLIDWORKS file for free?
SolidWorks offers a free and easy solution for you called eDrawings Viewer. The eDrawings Viewer allows you to open eDrawings files, get dimensions, and collaborate with others by using the mark-up capability.
What programs can open SOLIDWORKS files?
eDrawings is free software that lets you view and print eDrawings(eDRW, ePRT, eASM), native SolidWorks documents (sldprt, sldasm, slddrw) , DXF, and DWG format files.
How do I move a Solidworks file?
To rename, replace, or move a SOLIDWORKS document:
- In File Explorer or in the SOLIDWORKS Task Pane File Explorer, right-click a SOLIDWORKS document and click SOLIDWORKS > Rename, Replace, or Move.
- In the dialog box, set options.
- Click OK.
How do I find a reference in Solidworks?
Lists files referenced by the active part, assembly, or drawing document.
Find References Dialog Box
- Click File > Find References.
- Click Copy files.
- Set options in the Pack and Go dialog box and click Save.
- Click Close.
How do I change references in Solidworks?
Replacing Broken References
- Select a file with a broken reference.
- Click Tools > Update References . …
- Select a reference to replace and click Edit > Replace File.
- In the Replace File dialog box, browse to the file that will replace the broken reference.
- Click Open.
What happened SOLIDWORKS Explorer?
SOLIDWORKS Explorer has been replaced by SOLIDWORKS File Utilities, which lets you rename, replace, copy, and move SOLIDWORKS files while maintaining file references. … It is also available from https://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/downloads.htm.
Who uses SOLIDWORKS?
SOLIDWORKS is used to develop mechatronics systems from beginning to end. At the initial stage, the software is used for planning, visual ideation, modeling, feasibility assessment, prototyping, and project management. The software is then used for design and building of mechanical, electrical, and software elements.
Why is SOLIDWORKS so popular?
Solidworks has been successful because they established themselves early and have become the de facto standard for high end industrial mechanical engineering and manufacturing. They have continued to improve the product so there is no incentive for users to look elsewhere.