The command window lets you: … Specify command options. Specify points and values, and select entities.
What is command window function?
The Command window (Fig. 3.7) provides you with information, gives instructions, and allows you to enter commands at the Command prompt. Most of the commands you often use are also located on the toolbar and in the menus, but the Command window can give you greater control of the tools (if you know the commands).
Where is Command Prompt in Solidworks?
To access the command prompt:
- On the Start screen, right-click to display a toolbar at the bottom of the screen.
- On the right side of the toolbar, click All apps.
- On the right side of the Apps screen, under Windows System, press or click Command Prompt.
What are the commands in Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS SHORTCUTS YOU SHOULD ALREADY KNOW:
- Ctrl + O for File, Open.
- Ctrl + S for File, Save.
- Ctrl + Z for Edit, Undo.
- Ctrl + C for Copy.
- Ctrl + V for Paste.
- Alt + specified values Inserts standard Windows symbols: Alt + 0176. Inserts a degree º symbol. Alt + 0216. Inserts a diameter Ø symbol. Alt + 0181. Inserts a µ symbol.
What is the solidworks command Manager?
The CommandManager is a context-sensitive toolbar that dynamically updates based on the toolbar you want to access. … For example, if you click the Sketches tab, the Sketch toolbar appears. Use the CommandManager to access toolbar buttons in a central location and to save space for the graphics area.
How do I open a command window?
Right-click Start and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the Quick Link menu. You can also use keyboard shortcuts for this route: Windows key + X, followed by C (non-admin) or A (admin). Type cmd in the search box, then press Enter to open the highlighted Command Prompt shortcut.
How do I use Windows Command Prompt?
To open the command prompt in Windows, open the Start menu and search for “cmd.” Press Enter or click on the result to open a command window—or right-click the option to run it as an administrator, when necessary.
Does SolidWorks have a command line?
While in a SolidWorks document with the 2D Emulator active, you can display or hide the command line. Click View > 2D Command Emulator. A check mark beside the menu item indicates that the command line is displayed.
How do you write commands in Solidworks?
Start typing a search query in the SOLIDWORKS Search box.
Searching for Commands
- To locate a command in the SOLIDWORKS user interface, hover over the command in the results list and click Show Command Location .
- To run a command, click the command, or highlight the command and press Enter.
What are the tools in Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS tools you can use to create complex geometry include:
- Boundary Boss/Base (Features toolbar). …
- Deform (Features toolbar). …
- Indent (Features toolbar). …
- Flex (Features toolbar). …
- Wrap (Features toolbar). …
- Replace Face (Surfaces toolbar). …
- Intersection Curve (Sketch toolbar). …
- Composite Curve (Curves toolbar).
How do I show the command manager in Solidworks?
To access the CommandManager:
- Click Tools > Customize.
- On the Toolbars tab, select Enable CommandManager.
- Click OK.
What are applied features in SOLIDWORKS?
Applied features such as chamfers, fillets, and shells are applied directly to the model.
How do I get my SOLIDWORKS toolbar back?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars:
- Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name.
- Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
How do you move the command bar in SOLIDWORKS?
To move a toolbar: Drag the toolbar by the handle at the start of the toolbar: Toward a different location in the window border or a different window border. Away from the window border to float the toolbar in the graphics area.