Architects are professionals trained in the art and science of building design. They develop the concepts for structures and turn those concepts into images and plans, which eventually may become homes, office buildings and other facilities. Their work involves more than just the appearance of a structure.
What are 5 responsibilities of an architect?
- Researches, programs, plans, designs, and administers building projects for clients, applying knowledge of architectural design, construction detailing, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials and systems.
- Produces conceptual plans, renderings, and documents.
What skills do you need to be an architect?
- design skills and knowledge.
- knowledge of building and construction.
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- thinking and reasoning skills.
- customer service skills.
- excellent verbal communication skills.
- analytical thinking skills.
- the ability to use your initiative.
Does an architect get paid well?
How Much Does an Architect Make? Architects made a median salary of $82,320 in 2020. The best-paid 25 percent made $106,680 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 percent made $63,420.
How many years does it take to be an architect?
To be an architect, you need to have a degree in Bachelor of Science in Architecture (BS Archi). BS Architecture is a five-year degree program that focuses on providing students with technical and aesthetic know-how about constructing any physical structure.
What is an architect’s salary?
In Alberta, Architects earn an average of $47.62/hour or $96,877.00/year. Explore the Alberta Wage and Salary Survey on alis to learn more.