How do you show points in Solidworks drawing?
Click View > Hide/Show > Points to toggle the display of reference points.
How do I project points in Solidworks?
For example, if you select a face, SOLIDWORKS selects the Center of Face construction method in the PropertyManager. You can always select a different type of point construction method. To open this PropertyManager: Click Point (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Point.
Where is reference geometry in Solidworks?
Left click insert → Reference Geometry to insert planes, axis, coordinate system, mate references, and points. Reference Geometry can also be found on the features toolbar. Left click on the pull down arrow and then left click on the desired tool.
How do you show XYZ coordinates in Solidworks?
Right-click the coordinate system and click Hide or Show.
Click one of the following:
- Hide/Show Items (Heads-up View toolbar), and then View Coordinate Systems.
- View Coordinate Systems (View toolbar)
- View > Hide/Show > Coordinate Systems.
How do you add a center of mass point?
You can add a Center of Mass (COM) point to parts and assemblies. In drawings of parts or assemblies that contain a COM point, you can show and reference the COM point. You add a COM point by clicking Center of Mass (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Center of Mass.
How do you add reference dimensions in Solidworks?
To add a reference dimension:
- Click Smart Dimension. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or click Tools > Dimensions > Smart.
- In a drawing view, click the items you want to dimension. You can dimension to a silhouette edge. …
- Use rapid dimensioning to place evenly spaced dimensions.
What is use of reference geometry in Solidworks?
Reference geometry defines the shape or form of a surface or a solid. Reference geometry includes items such as planes, axes, coordinate systems, and points. You can use reference geometry in the creation of several kinds of features.