Add a midpoint relation between the point and the horizontal line: click on the point, shift-click on the horizontal line, and select “Midpoint”. Snap the center of the rectangle to the origin. It should turn black.
How do you find the middle of an object in Solidworks?
Adding Center of Mass Points to Parts and Assemblies
- Click Center of Mass. (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Center of Mass.
- If the COM point is not visible, click View Center of Mass. (View toolbar) or View > Hide/Show > Center of Mass .
How do you create a parallel relation in Solidworks?
To add parallel dimensions to a drawing:
- Click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart.
- Click the geometry to dimension.
- Use rapid dimensioning to place evenly spaced dimensions. Alternatively, move the pointer outside of the rapid dimension selector to place the dimension.
How do you coincide in Solidworks?
How to Add a Coincident in SolidWorks
- Select a line, point, center line or temporary axis with the left mouse button. …
- Hold the “Control” key and select the second line, point or temporary axis by left-clicking it. …
- Click the “Coincident” button in the Add Relations section of the properties box.
How do you create a symmetric relation in Solidworks?
To do that, Control-Select the two lines and also clicking on the construction line as part of your selection. Next, you can add a symmetric relation. This makes it easy to adjust your design by dragging the line back and forth and both lines stay symmetrical to the construction line.
How do you add a center point in Solidworks?
Inserting Center Marks Automatically
- Click Center Mark. (Annotation toolbar) or Insert > Annotations > Center Mark. …
- Under Auto Insert, select one or more: For all holes. …
- Set the options for the auto insert choices.
- Set the remaining options in the Center Mark PropertyManager.
- Select one or more drawing views.
- Click .
How do I create a center of mass in Solidworks assembly?
You can add a Center of Mass (COM) point to parts and assemblies. In drawings of parts or assemblies that contain a COM point, you can show and reference the COM point. You add a COM point by clicking Center of Mass (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Center of Mass.
What is a symmetric relation in Solidworks?
Symmetric. A centerline and two points, lines, arcs, or ellipses. The items remain equidistant from the centerline, on a line perpendicular to the centerline.
How do you define symmetry in Solidworks?
To apply a symmetry fixture, right click Fixtures in the study tree and select Advanced Fixtures. Then you select all the faces which were created by the Symmetry Cut feature.
How do I create a angular dimension in Solidworks?
Creating Angular Dimensions Between Two Lines
- In an open sketch, click Smart Dimension. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart.
- Click one line.
- Click the second line.
- Move the pointer to show the angular dimension preview.
- Set the value in the Modify box and click .
- Click to place the dimension.