How do I enable masking in AutoCAD?
Double-click the text to begin editing the text. Then, in the Style panel of the Text Editor contextual ribbon, click the Background Mask button. The program displays the Background Mask dialog. Select the Use background mask checkbox to turn on a background mask.
How do I hide part of an object in AutoCAD?
Select a few more objects, right-click, and then choose Isolate > Hide Objects to hide the selected objects. You can also hide or isolate selected objects using a button on the Status bar.
Which tool is used to mask or hide a portion of a drawing AutoCAD?
WIPEOUT command in AutoCAD is used to mask an area in a drawing. Whenever there are many complex parts in the drawing background and you need to hide them, you can employ the WIPEOUT command. It may also be used when only a portion of a drawing is of interest.
How do you mask attributes in AutoCAD?
How to use background mask for block attibutes?
- Check the option “Multiple lines” and click the button “…” …
- AutoCAD displays a simple text editor. …
- From the context menu select the function “Background mask” and set its parameters.
- Finish the definition of the attribute (already masked) and save your block definition.
How do you show isolated objects in Autocad?
To bring all objects back in the view right click anywhere in drawing area and select Isolate from the contextual menu then select End Object Isolation. This will bring all hidden and isolated objects back in the drawing area.
How do you trim a block in CAD?
To clip a block, start the XCLIP command by entering it at the command line or selecting Xref from the Modify menu > Clip. Select the block and follow the prompts to create a new boundary that should be used to clip the block. This is how the SUPERHATCH command that is part of Express Tools works.
How do you hide individual lines in Autocad?
Hide Lines in Layout Viewports
- Select the layout viewport in which you want to hide the lines.
- Click View tab Palettes panel Properties palette.
- On the Properties palette, under Misc, in the Shade Plot field, select Legacy Hidden.
What is Helix command in Autocad?
Use a helix as a sweep path for the SWEEP command to create springs, threads, and circular stairways. … The following prompts are displayed. Center point of base. Sets the center of the helix base point.
Where are the tools to isolate or hide objects in a drawing located?
To Isolate or Hide Objects in a Drawing
- Select the objects in the drawing that you want to isolate.
- Right-click, and click Isolate Objects Isolate Selected Objects. Alternatively, you can click on the right side of the drawing window status bar, then click Isolate Objects, and select the objects you want to isolate.
Where is the Draworder tool is located in Autocad?
Tool Set: Drafting tab > Modify panel > Draw Order drop-down. Menu: Tools > Draw Order.
How do I put a border around an object in AutoCAD?
To Create a Boundary Polyline
- Click Home tab Draw panel Boundary. …
- In the Boundary Creation dialog box, in the Object Type list, select Polyline.
- Under Boundary Set, do one of the following: …
- Click Pick Points.
- Specify points within each area to form a boundary polyline.
How do I close all boundaries in AutoCAD?
To correct this issue with your Schematic area, you’ll need to close the bounding polyline. Right-click the polyline boundary to open the menu pictured below. Select the Polyline option from the menu , then select Close from the submenu. The bounding polyline will close.
How do you fill walls in AutoCAD?
To Hatch or Fill Objects or Areas
- Click Home tab Draw panel Hatch. …
- On the Properties panel Hatch Type list, select the type of hatch you want to use.
- On the Pattern panel, click a hatch pattern or fill.
- On the Boundaries panel, specify the how the pattern boundary is selected: …
- Click an area or object to be hatched.