How do I convert assembly to single part in SolidWorks?
Depending on how the assembly was made most of the time this process will work:
- Open the assembly Save As Part and select the All Components radio button and hit Save. …
- Go to Insert, Features, Combine: …
- Drag a box around the entire part to select everything and have ADD marked then select.
How do you extract parts from an assembly in SolidWorks?
First, set your Selection Tool to Part. Once this is selected, right-click a part and then click Extract Part. This will prompt a Part Splitting dialog box to open. Once this dialog box appears, you are ready to split and extract individual surfaces from the part.
How do you convert solid bodies to parts in SolidWorks?
Split and Save Bodies
- Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
- In the PropertyManager, set the options. …
- Under Resulting Bodies, select the bodies to save under , or click Auto-assign Names. …
- Double-click the body name under File, type a name for the new part in the dialog box, then click Save.
Can you turn an assembly into a part?
To save an assembly as a part, we use the File > Save As command. … sldprt file type is selected, three options appear in the Save As dialog: Exterior faces – saved part includes external faces only, all bodies being surfaces.
How do I add assembly to part in Solidworks?
To insert a new subassembly: Do one of the following: In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click either the top-level assembly icon or the icon for an existing subassembly, and select Insert New Subassembly. Click New Assembly (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Assembly.
How do I merge parts in a Solidworks assembly?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
How do I add a part to a part in Solidworks?
To insert a part:
- With a part document open, click Insert Part (Features toolbar) or Insert > Part.
- Browse to a part document and click Open. …
- Under Transfer, select any combination of items from the inserted part to be included in the derived part.
Can you make a part from an assembly in Solidworks?
You can create a new part in the context of an assembly. That way you can use the geometry of other assembly components while designing the part. You can also create a new subassembly in the context of another assembly.
Can you save a Solidworks assembly as a part?
To open the Save Assembly as Part PropertyManager: In an assembly, click File > Save As. Select Part (*. … sldprt) for the file type.
How do you disassemble a part in SolidWorks?
In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the subassembly you want to dissolve, and select Dissolve Subassembly. You can also select the subassembly icon and click Edit > Dissolve Assembly. The components become components of the immediate parent assembly, and the subassembly is removed.