We all look for value when making a purchase, and buying a home is no different. But how do you know you are getting good value for your hard earned money?
Many new (and resale) homes will try to entice purchasers with amenities such as granite counter tops and low prices. We feel you are purchasing much more than a box to live in… it is an environment for your most precious belonging…your family and your health.
When you purchase a home with Amerisips, you are getting a home certified by a national organization that recognizes homes that attain the highest quality of construction and features. You are getting the best value for your investment (financial and family). The Certification is from an organization called U.S. Green Building Council. The certification is LEED Platinum.
Here is our simple list of tips to guide you on what to look for when you are buying a new home:
- What construction materials are used?
- What is the R value of insulation and which rooms are insulated (for climate and sound)?
- What is the heating/cooling system and how does it function?
- Are there energy credits available to help you reduce your monthly costs?
- What is the HERS rating?
- Is the home certified by the EPA for clean air?
- Is there an Energy Star recognition (reduced power usage= more $ in your pocket)
- What kind of wind and weather can the building structure endure?
- What is the line of appliances and what upgrades are possible?
- What are the quality of the kitchen cabinets and their construction?
- What is the flooring material used?
- Let the builder talk to you about how your home is constructed to avoid drafts around windows and doors.
- Can you work with the builder to design, revise or redesign the floor plan to meet your lifestyle needs?
- Is the builder a local, national or international builder?
- What kind of home warranty is available?
- What is the quality of the wiring, thermal/hot water system, and thermostats that will be used?
- Does the builder have an architectural team and an interior design team to work with you and help you create your dream home?
Amerisips doesn’t believe in cutting corners, yet we deliver your home as quickly as others, because our building sciences allow us to deliver the highest quality product for you and your family.
When it comes to your health and your family’s life, a home is much more than a house.
If you have any questions about our suggested list or buying a new home, please talk to us – we have an office on Johns Island at 3289-A Maybank Highway…. Or give us a call.